Success has its own rewards. Level up and the world is yours.
The Leveling System
Players will level up each time they add 2,000 points of any combination. Some levels will include special bonuses or privileges. For examples, see the list below.
So, here's how you score points and level up. Remember: there are different kinds of points, but all points add up to success.
1. At the end of each grading period, use the spreadsheet provided by the CEO to add the total points you receive on your 10 best assignments. If there are 13 assignments in the gradebook, choose the 10 with the highest grades. Your Student Self-Serve account will be your source of data. Maximum value each grading period is 1,000 points.
2. At the end of each grading period, use your report card to add the MP gained by making an A in your classes. Each regular class is worth 250 MP for making an A. Making an A in a dual credit class is worth 500 MP. Maximum value each grading period is 2,000 points.
3. You will receive a 5,000 MP bonus for passing an IC3 test, regardless of the score on that test. Maximum value for the game is 15,000 MP for passing all three tests.
4. Each time you level up, you will be given a 200 MP bonus. Over the life of the game, this could be worth 2,400 MP
5. Participating in a school-wide community service project (work day at Mission Arlington) is worth 200 CP. Participating in an optional community service group project (ringing the bell for Salvation Army) is worth 500 points for each event. Participation must be documented by the sponsoring teacher, and individualized community service efforts (Socktober, canned food drives, etc.) are not eligible for CP.
6. The CEO will give special CP awards at any point that he becomes aware that you have gone above and beyond to help another student be successful. These are worth 100 CP each.
7. You will receive 250 TP points for attending an afterschool tutorial event sponsored by any teacher. The teacher must sign off on your attendance with a TP Event Card turned in to the CEO.
8. Winning a weekly PBIS Red Ticket drawing will get you 1,000 CP each time your name is drawn. To be eligible for this, you must be given a Red Ticket by an ACHS teacher or staff member and you must enter your ticket in the weekly drawing.
Special Rewards for Leveling Up:
Joining the Game gets a Boardroom Player Badge
Reaching Level 4 qualifies for the IC3 Living Online test code and Assistant Manager Badge
Reaching Level 6 qualifies for a Genius Hour Day of your choice*
Reaching Level 8 qualifies for the IC3 Computing Fundamentals code and Manager Badge
Reaching Level 9 qualifies for a Genius Hour Day of your choice*
Reaching Level 10 qualifies for the IC3 Key Applications code and Regional Associate Badge
Passing "Living Online - IC3" qualifies for IC3 badge #1 and
Passing "Computing Fundamentals - IC3" qualifies for IC3 Badge #2
Passing "Key Applications - IC3" qualifies for IC3 Badge
Reaching Level 12 qualifies for Full Partner Badge
Reaching 30,000 points or passing all three IC3 certification exams gets the Board of Director Badge
* Genius Hour presentation will allow the presenter to earn 500 bonus points which are added to your MP total.
End Game The game will end on May 12, 2017, players reaching at least Level 10 and passing all three IC3 tests will be awarded a seat on the board and be eligible for a chance to become the Chairman of the Board. The Chairman of the Board will be determined by total points. In case of a tie, the title will be awarded based on a presentation before the members of the board and the current Chairman of the Board.
The team that finishes with the highest team total of all categories of points (MP+TP+CP) will win the special team prize.
Tracking Game Points
Each team will appoint a team manager who will be responsible for maintaining a spreadsheet of his team member's points. The individual team members will complete a report sheet at the end of each six weeks indicating the number of MP, TP and CP that he or she has earned during that grading period. These will be presented to the teacher in the end-of-grading-period Grade Assessment conference with the teacher.
Let's Talk About Badges...
Badges are awarded for reaching certain levels and will be given digitally. They can be posted on your Web site for display.
These are the BIG badges for successfully completing all requrements for IC3 certification. IC3 certification carries with it a reward of an "A" in the course for the year and an automatic exemption from the FINAL EXAM in CIA.
Join the game, get the badge.
Awarded at Level Four
Awarded at Level Eight
Awarded at Level Ten, 20,000 points
Awarded at Level Twelve, 24,000 points
Reach 30,000 points or pass all three IC3 certification tests